August 4, 2020
At Peru State College, the past 20 years of educating students online have been amazing. It’s been such a rewarding progression as we’ve grown to fully understand how to make our online learning environment a home for those needing a better way to fit education into their lives.
In recognition of our 20-year journey so far, we’d like to share 20 reasons why Peru really is for you.
1. The knowledge that you’re in good hands with an online university deeply entrenched in understanding and serving distance learners’ unique needs
2. A smooth, rich learning experience with all courses designed for online, not adapted to it
3. Reassurance of the university’s stability, having been founded in 1867
4. Quality education backed by continuous regional accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission since 1915
5. Added confidence in academic quality for educators thanks to accreditation by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
6. A choice of career-driving online degree programs across business, psychology, criminal justice and education
7. Convenience of accessing courses online, where and when you choose
8. Four- and eight-week classes that start frequently, allowing you to move through your program at the pace you choose
9. The freedom of logging in and participating at the time of day that suits you
10. A simple application process, with no ACTs or GREs required
11. A welcome landing place for transfer students, with up to 90 credit hours accepted from prior coursework, training and life experience
12. Affordable, “no-surprises” education costs that remain the same from coast to coast
13. One of the lowest tuitions in the country with rates under $300 / credit hour for undergraduates and under $400 / credit hour for graduate-level programs
14. Easy navigation of coursework via the familiar Blackboard learning management system
15. Assistance throughout the student’s degree program from proactive, caring student advisors
16. Robust learning from the teachings of knowledgeable faculty with real-world, practical expertise
17. An engaging, interactive experience, thanks to instructors highly experienced in teaching online
18. Expanded networking opportunities by learning alongside students from other communities, cultures and professions
19. Help with challenging assignments and concepts through optional online tutoring
20. And finally, readiness for the next fantastic chapter, with career services leading up to graduation
Maybe it’s nostalgia, maybe out of thankfulness – but we are beaming with pride to have earned the trust of so many online students over the past 20 years. It has been a pleasure, and we can’t wait to continue advancing online, transforming lives and helping students realize their highest ambitions.
Want to evolve along with us? You have an open
invitation from all of us at Peru State College Online. Take a look at all we
have to offer at online.peru.edu. Let’s move forward together, Peru and you.
Benefits of Online Learning
Is a Flexible Online Degree for You
Appreciating Students and Educators
10 Mistakes to Avoid When Exploring Online Degree Options